Students can complete a Double Major, Major Minor, Major or Minor in Physical Education at Dickson College.
Physical Education is an integrated area of study that actively engages students holistically in intellectual, social, emotional and physical development and learning in, about and through physical, recreational and sporting activities.
Physical Education Course will enable students to:
- develop knowledge, skills, understanding and values to establish and maintain healthy, satisfying lives
- develop physical skills which promote cognitive and academic performance e.g. functioning of the brain, learning, memory, concentration and mood
- plan activities independently and collaboratively
- communicate ideas
- develop self-awareness and personal identity that enables them to manage their emotional, mental, spiritual and physical well-being.
- gain certification in fields related to Physical Education
At Dickson College students will study the following units of work:
- Fitness Activities & Fitness Programs
- Definition of Fitness, barriers to enhance & benefits of Physical Fitness, Components of Fitness, Assessing Fitness, Principles of Training, Retraining, Methods of Training, Designing, implementing and applying a Personal Fitness Program.
- Racquet Sports & Leisure Activities
- Leisure Activities - Swimming, Walking/Jogging, Tenpin Bowling, Fencing, Dance, Darts, Tennis, Table Tennis, Rock Climbing, Golf, Lawn Bowls, Pool/Snooker, Cycling, Bocce, Pitch and Putt
- Racquet Sports - Tennis, Badminton, Squash, Racquet Ball, Table Tennis
- Individual Sports & Recreation Activities
- Individual Sports - Badminton, Squash, Tenpin Bowling, Fencing, Dance, Darts, Tennis, Table Tennis, Rock Climbing, Golf, Lawn Bowls, Pool/Snooker, Cycling, Bocce, Pitch and Putt
- Recreation Activities - Ultimate Frisbee, Floor Hockey, Archery, Beach Volleyball, Ice Skating, Lawn Bowls
- Team Sports & Non-Contact Football Codes
- Team Sports - Volleyball, Netball, Softball, Cricket, Basketball, European Handball
- Non-Contact Football Codes - Touch Football, OzTag, Flag Football, Futsal, Soccer