COVID-19 Update: Plan for Term 4
Dear students and families,
Since the announcement on Tuesday by the ACT Chief Minister, the circumstances regarding the return of students to onsite learning from the beginning of term 4 have changed.
The two documents linked below have been developed by the Education Directorate in line with the guidelines set down by ACT Health to ensure the safe return of students to onsite learning over the initial weeks of term 4.
We have developed our plan in relation to these guidelines and I can inform you that:
- Remote Learning and Remote Learning timetable will stay in place for Year 11 & 12 classes until end of week 2
- Onsite learning opportunities will be limited to only Year 12 students during week 1 & 2 for essential practical course work, assessment of VET Competencies or supervised assessment
- Year 12 AST will be held onsite during week 2 and we will be holding an AST Assembly for Year 12 students sitting the AST onsite Monday 1.15 Monday 11 October (please see AST message below)
College Newsletter (DC News) - incorrect information
Unfortunately, our Newsletter has been circulated with information that doesn't reflect this latest change. Apologies and please disregard the date referring to the face-to-face return of Year 12 students onsite.
Year 12 AST Update
The AST is scheduled for Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th October.
Things to note are:
- All venues within the College will be the same as those used in the trials (GYM main testing venue, A12 Special Consideration, A20 EALD).
- An onsite AST assembly is scheduled for Monday 11th October, 1:15-1:45 pm, in the HALL
- It is expected that ALL students sitting the AST will attend this assembly
- Students attending the assembly will have to check-in upon entry AND wear a face mask
- Due to health directions, the college will no longer provide any catering for students during the test days. Students should make sure to eat breakfast on the mornings of the AST, and organise to bring a packed lunch for Tuesday
Thanks for your understanding and patience at this time. Please take time during this holiday break to rest and recover.