Dickson College Board
Welcome to the Dickson College community. It is a huge strength of ACT public schools that parents, teachers and students are able to contribute to decision-making through the Board. The Board's functions are set out in the ACT Education Act section 39(1). These are:
- to establish the strategic direction and priorities for the school
- to monitor and review school performance and to report on it to the Director-General, parents of students at the school and staff
- to develop, maintain and review curriculum for the school
- to develop and review education policies at the school
- to establish budgetary policies for the school and approve the school budget
- to establish policies for the efficient and effective use of school assets and the management of financial risk
- to develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations
- to make recommendations to the Director-General on issues affecting the school and to give effect to the Director-General’s directions
- to encourage parent participation in their children’s learning; and
- to exercise any other function given to the board under this Act or any other Territory law.
The Dickson College Board is committed to its strategic role with the aim of ensuring the best possible learning environment for all students. If you have any policy suggestions that would help us to achieve one of the functions of our role as set down by the Act, the College would like to hear them. Remember, if you want to raise an issue related to an individual student, the Principal has an open door policy and is always willing to hear your concerns in person. There are also many other committed, enthusiastic and genuine people at Dickson who can work with you to support your young person.
For more information, please contact the Board Secretariat on (02) 6142 0140.
The current members of the DC School Board are:
- Craig Edwards - Principal
- Chris Johnston - Parent (Chair)
- Caitlin Hanby - Teacher
- Clare Wynter - Parent
- Carlyn Waters - Parent
- Audrey Nelson - Student
- Zeinab Nafe - Student
2022 School Board Nominations
Are you passionate about the strategic direction of Dickson College? The school’s Board is a formal mechanism for college staff, parents, carers, students, and the community to participate in the college’s decision making.
This year there are three vacancies opening for the School Board:
- 1 student member position (24-month term)
- 1 parent position (24-month term)
- 2 staff member position (1 x 12-month term & 1 x 24-month term)
Nominations will open 11am on Monday 7 February 2022 and close at 11:00am Monday 21 February 2022. If you would like to be on the School Board, please complete the nomination form and email to email@example.com
In the event of an election, a short biography of each nominee would assist with the voting process. You are therefore invited to attach a biography when submitting your nominee form.
Voting will occur (if required) from 9:00am Monday 28 February 2022 until 11am Monday 7 March 2022.
Information about nominees will be available at the school and on the Dickson College website.
For more information, contact the Assistant Returning Officer, Alex Tibbetts on 02 6142 0140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Action Plan Report/ Impact Report
Annual School Board Report
External School Review Report
School Improvement Plan