Excursion Code of Conduct
For all students attending excursions:
- I understand that school rules as they relate to the context of this excursion apply.
- I will take note of where I have to be and what is expected of me at all times.
- I will never go off alone.
- I will at all times be with at least two other students from the excursion.
- I will be punctual and reliable.
- I will not go off with strangers or invite them to participate in group activities.
- I will respect the people and places we will visit.
- I will respect the rights of animals.
- I will cooperate with the requests of the supervising teachers.
- I will be a considerate member of the group.
- I will act courteously in dealings with others, including host families and agency staff.
- I will be responsible for my own things, such as baggage, and, when in charge of them, passport, tickets, money.
- I will keep rendezvous (meeting times and places) as arranged throughout the excursion.
- I will act in a responsible and positive way as an ambassador of my school, my excursion group and my country.
- I will wear all safety equipment on the trip advised by staff members including helmets and wrist guards whilst at the snow, wakeboarding and mountain bike riding, wetsuits when participating in water activities, helmets and harness whilst rock climbing and abseiling and life vests while kayaking.
Drugs and Alcohol
The possession, purchase or use of drugs or alcohol is forbidden. Any participant violating this code will be sent home at their own expense.
- - Being absent from the group or leaving without permission.
- - Driving any vehicle.
- - Hitchhiking.
- - Breaking or damaging property.
- - Disobedience to the teacher.
Parents will be made aware of all conduct violations during the excursion.
If the violation is deemed serious, parents will be required to come and pick the student up from the excursion straight away regardless of the time.